The County Mayo Ireland Wild Atlantic Way Tour Itinerary
Day One ~ “Welcome to Ireland!”
Arrive at Shannon Airport and travel through scenic areas of Clare, Galway, and Mayo to Westport
- Visit Kinvara Village and Dunguaire Castle, County Galway
- Arrive at hotel and check in
- Relax at Spa or explore the tidy town of Westport.
- Welcome Orientation Reception and Dinner with Irish Traditional Music Entertainment
Day Two ~ ” A Quiet Man Day!”
- Quiet Man Tour, Cong, County Mayo
Explore the magic of “The Quiet Man” country and walk in the footsteps off movie legends John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara; where they filmed the 1951 classic film “The Quiet Man”, as you visit such places as Cong village and Ashford Castle. Inhale the beauty of this spectacular part of Mayo and Connemara.
Day Three ~ “An Ancient Ireland Day!”
- Achill Island, Céide Fields, Historic Farm, Turf Cutting Tour, Ballycastle-Belderrig, County Mayo
Go back in time some 5000 years to where Ireland’s first settlers came ashore, see where these first people set down roots when you visit the “Ceide Fields” interpretive centre. Explore an historic farm and enjoy cutting your own turf; fuel that has sustained Ireland over many centuries.
Day Four ~ “A Free Day!”
- Free Day, On Your Own: A Leisure day to enjoy the food music and craic of Westport and its environs, with the options of a day trip and shopping in Dublin.
Individual tours may be scheduled through the hotel concierge. Reserve Spa appointments directly with the Spa.
- Relax at Spa or Saunter around town
- Group Dinner with Irish Music and Dancing
Day Five ~ “An Ireland History Appreciation Day!”
- Tour the world famous iconic Westport House and Gardens
300 years of Irish history at one of Ireland’s best loved heritage attractions. Westport House is undoubtedly one of Ireland’s best loved heritage attractions – and is rightly called the most beautiful house in Ireland.
- Tour Irish Rebellion and WWII Historical Sites, Ballycastle-Killala, County Mayo.
Tour military history sites in Mayo, from the 1798 Irish rebellion to Mayo’s part in the battle of the North Atlantic and the part played in the liberation of Europe in WWII.
- Irish Genealogy Talk, 5-6.
Day Six ~“A Mayo Day!”
- Country Life Museum and Foxford Woollen Mills Tour, Castlebar-and Foxford, County Mayo.
Visit the Country House Museum at Castlebar, where you can view exhibits and artifacts of Ireland from pre-famine times to the mid twentieth century. Trace how peoples lives were lived and changed over those 100yrs and explore the museums beautiful grounds.
Day Seven ~ “Medieval Ireland Day”
Travel to Bunratty, County Clare for last night in Ireland.
Tour Bunratty Castle and Folk Park
Visit the Cliffs of Moher
Day Eight ~ “Departure Day”
Departure for most from Shannon Airport to return home.
1. Breakfast included, 7-10 AM; Lunch and Dinner are optional and on own except Sunday welcome reception and dinner, Wednesday and Saturday group dinners.
2. Individual tours may be scheduled through hotel concierge.
3. Reserve Spa appointments directly with Spa.
4. Tour Itinerary subject to change as circumstances dictate.